[LLVMdev] VMKit is retired (but you can help if you want!)

Gaël Thomas gael.thomas00 at gmail.com
Mon Sep 1 12:34:58 PDT 2014

Hi all,

So, as explained in the LLVM weekly, the VMKit project is retired. It
was a very fun project, but we don't have any manpower to maintain the
code since one year. If someone is interested by restarting the
project, just send me an email, I can help to understand the
architecture of the project and how it works. I'm pretty sure that we
can also extract a Java to LLVM compiler easily (I know that some
people are interested by that).

And I want to thank all the LLVM team for their support during these
last ten (yes ten:)) years! Without their help, it would have been
impossible to develop VMKit.

See you and thank you!
Gaël