[LLVMdev] RFC: Indirect Call Target Profiling

Kostya Serebryany kcc at google.com
Thu Oct 30 12:29:39 PDT 2014

<slightly off topic>
Indirect Call Target Profiling can be used for other purposes as well, for
example to provide feedback to fuzzers.
I've recently committed a very simple patch to AddressSanitizer that adds
indirect call instrumentation specifically for this purpose.
(llvm part: http://llvm.org/viewvc/llvm-project?rev=220699&view=rev,
compiler-rt part coming soon).
If this or similar proposal gets implemented in clang I'd love to see two
things:
  - extreme performance of instrumented code (instrument_indirect_call_site
needs to be very fast, lock-free and, ideally contention-free)
  - command-line utility that can dump the indir call coverage data in
human- and scrip- readable format.
</slightly off topic>