[LLVMdev] Status of HSA in LLVM 3.6

C Bergström cbergstrom at pathscale.com
Wed Oct 29 17:58:14 PDT 2014

On Thu, Oct 30, 2014 at 6:09 AM, William Swartzendruber <
wswartzendruber at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello all,
>
> I just got myself an AMD Kaveri chip to get into HSA programming.  I see
> there is a fork of LLVM 3.2 for this, but have those changes been merged
> back in yet?
>
> I don't mind writing HSAIL by hand.  Can I at least assemble and link?

Hi William,

I have to tread a thin line, but the place to start would be looking at
what's publicly available here
https://github.com/HSAFoundation/

When you say "compile and link" - I think you may need an HSA Finalizer to
parse your HSA IL. Take a look around github and reply back if you have
more specific questions.
If you're just looking for a tool (maybe this?)
https://github.com/HSAFoundation/HSAIL-Tools

If you're a researcher, ping me off list and I can try to help you connect
you with the right people

Thanks