[LLVMdev] question about memory dependence analysis for local structure

songlh songlh at cs.wisc.edu
Mon Oct 27 02:25:52 PDT 2014

Hi,

   I want to do a def-use analysis for fields of local structure. I have
tried to use memory dependence analysis to look for depending load/store
for a given load from a field of a local structure. I noticed that
memory dependence analysis returns a lot of unkown result. I add some
print inside the code of memory dependence analysis, and I find that
memory dependence analysis got some problems during phi translation. I
feel the problem is that the operands of phi are structure, but my input
pointer for memory dependence analysis is the address of one field of
the structure.

   Do I use memory dependence analysis in a wrong way? Does llvm have
some other built-in analysis for field of local structure?

   Thanks a lot!

   Best,

             Linhai