[LLVMdev] Lib C++ buildbot problem

Jonathan Roelofs jonathan at codesourcery.com
Mon Oct 20 08:11:34 PDT 2014

+Dan Albert

On 10/20/14 4:53 AM, Renato Golin wrote:
> Folks,
>
> I'm trying to set up a libc++ buildbot on ARM and I found an
> inconsistency which I'm not sure how to fix.
>
> I got a build error like this:
>
> libc++abi.so: undefined reference to `_Unwind_GetGR'
>
> Since I expected that the symbol would be provided by that library, I
> searched the CMake on libc++abi and found this:
>
> option(LIBCXXABI_USE_LLVM_UNWINDER "Build and use the LLVM unwinder." OFF)
> if (LIBCXXABI_USE_LLVM_UNWINDER)
>   add_subdirectory(src/Unwind)
> endif()
>
> But on the Libc++AndAbiBuilder, there's no way to set the CMake
> argument (or is there?):
I *think* you can add "-DLIBCXXABI_USE_LLVM_UNWINDER" to the env argument and
get what you want, but Dan will have to correct me on that...

> def getLibcxxAndAbiBuilder(f=None, env={}, additional_features=set()):
>
> "additional_features" seem to imply only lit test args, not anything else.
They are lit test args, and triggers for -D defines for various weird
configurations (e.g. single threaded). I don't think there is one for the
unwinder (nor do I think it makes sense to add one for that).

Cheers,

Jon