[LLVMdev] RFC: Are we ready to completely move away from the optionality of a DataLayout?

Hal Finkel hfinkel at anl.gov
Sun Oct 19 12:26:04 PDT 2014

----- Original Message -----

I agree; while I've heard of use cases, I don't personally feel that, at this stage, it is worth the maintenance burden. Realistically, we just don't have a good way to test the no-data-layout code paths (the great majority of our testing coverage comes from frontends that always add DataLayout). I also vote for making it mandatory.

 -Hal