[LLVMdev] Performance regression on ARM

Hal Finkel hfinkel at anl.gov
Thu Oct 16 01:34:00 PDT 2014

----- Original Message -----

Interesting. Looks like the problem is in (219545, 219569].

Based on the commit logs, it does seem like the best candidates are:
  r219566, r219567, r219568 - InstCombine bug fixes re: no-wrap flags
  r219550, r219562 - Fixes to trip-count computations in the vectorizer/unroller

and given the magnitude of the change, I think that the trip-count changes are more likely. Of course, all of these things are bug fixes :( -- So how do we follow-up on this?

 -Hal

> Now, I'd like to have been warned of that automatically, by email,
> based on some simple heuristics... But that's a topic for the
> Performance/Benchmarking BoF in a few weeks... :)
>
> cheers,
> --renato

Hal Finkel
Assistant Computational Scientist