[LLVMdev] using -debug-ir to map identify IR mapping

Muneeb Khan muneeb.khan at it.uu.se
Wed Oct 15 09:51:02 PDT 2014

Adding the flags in an opt pass seems to do the trick. I added the flags as follows

M.addModuleFlag(llvm::Module::Warning, "Dwarf Version", 3);

M.addModuleFlag(llvm::Module::Error, "Debug Info Version",
                             llvm::DEBUG_METADATA_VERSION);

llvm-dwarfdump and addr2line now point at a line in .ll files, not the source files.

Thanks!

/Muneeb