[LLVMdev] using -debug-ir to map identify IR mapping

Adrian Prantl aprantl at apple.com
Wed Oct 15 09:04:56 PDT 2014

I have no experience with debug-ir, but is it possible that the debug-ir pass never sets the debug info version? There should be a named metadata node
  !llvm.module.flags = !{..., !123}
  !123 = metadata !{i32 1, metadata !"Debug Info Version", i32 2}
in the .ll output. If it is missing, just have a look at the clang sources for an example how to add a module flag.

-- adrian