[LLVMdev] How do I get MachineFunctions?

Vanderson Martins do Rosario vandersonmr2 at gmail.com
Tue Oct 14 14:52:04 PDT 2014

Hi everybody,

I know that this may be a very silly question, but seriously, I'm totally
lost.

So, what I want to know is how from my Module I can get MachineFunctions or
MachineBasicBlocks.

I'm able to read a file with LLVM IR, create the Module and I also managed
to create some passes for it, but what I want is to see the x86-64 assembly
that this IR generates and map MachineBasicBlocks with BasicBlocks.

I know that I should follow the Instruction Selection steps from
http://llvm.org/docs/CodeGenerator.html#using-the-machineinstrbuilder-h-functions,
but I couldn't figure it out how to do this. I also tried to read the llc's
code, but it didn't help me so much.

I would be grateful if somebody show me an example of how from a Module I
can get MachineBasicBlocks.

Thank you,

Vanderson M. Rosario