[LLVMdev] Question about reusing executable object memory get from MCJIT->getPointerToFunction

Cheng Zhu chengzhu at gmail.com
Tue Oct 14 12:01:04 PDT 2014

Hi, All

Can we still use the compiled executable object even if module and
execution associated with it are already gone? It looks like for the
same function I am able to reuse the executable object storage
obtained from the previous getPointerToFunction even if the module and
execution compiling that function have already been deleted. My
understanding is that those storage containing executable instruction
from finalizeObject and getPointerToFunction are associated with
module and execution engine, if module and EE are deleted, those
storage are void and we should not use them again.

Am I right and I am just luck that those storage haven't been deleted yet?

--
Best regards

Cheng