[LLVMdev] compileUnit

Hui Zhang wayne.huizhang at gmail.com
Thu Oct 9 20:05:24 PDT 2014

Hello,

I'm using an existing pass called ModuleDegbugInfoPrinter,  run it with
"-analyze -module-debuginfo"  It should print out all the debug information
of a module.

For the CompileUnit  part, what is exactly a "compile unit" ? A module? a
file ? or what ?

In my case, it only prints out one module, which indicates a runtime
library source file,  and among all the subPrograms it printed out, there
is no one coming from user code. So I think either the Compile units are
missing or the debug information for user functions are missing.  Any clue
on why this happened ? (I used -g option when I got the .bc code)

thanks!

--
Best regards

Hui Zhang