[LLVMdev] [lld] lld build needs to have flags that specify what flavor/targets to build ?

Shankar Easwaran shankare at codeaurora.org
Tue Oct 7 14:22:00 PDT 2014

On 10/7/2014 4:10 PM, Nick Kledzik wrote:
> Shankar,
>
> Can you give provide a scenario where you want this?  I’m not sure what you want here.

a) LLVM could be built  just for one target(LLVM_TARGETS_TO_BUILD)
b) With LTO this case might happen more often, where an user would have
compiled LLVM just for one architecture and lld would support other
architectures that LLVM would not support.
c) Printing all the targets/flavors that the linker currently supports.

On Oct 7, 2014, at 2:03 PM, Shankar Easwaran <shankare at codeaurora.org>
wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I think lld needs to have an infrastructure as part of the build process to build specific flavors and specific targets.
> This sounds like you want config-time choices (e.g. build a linker to only support ELF/x86 such as for a JIT).
Yes.

>> For this I was thinking that the Registry expand to consider flavors and targets that are part of the build process.
>>
>> So each flavor/target would register and the Driver would walk through the list of handlers to check if there is a handler defined for that flavor/target.
> This sounds like you want everything decided at runtime (e.g. all flavors registers all readers).
Yes, right.

Shankar Easwaran

--
Qualcomm Innovation Center, Inc. is a member of Code Aurora Forum, hosted by the Linux Foundation