[LLVMdev] [lld] lld build needs to have flags that specify what flavor/targets to build ?

Nick Kledzik kledzik at apple.com
Tue Oct 7 14:10:43 PDT 2014

Shankar,

Can you give provide a scenario where you want this?  I’m not sure what you want here.

On Oct 7, 2014, at 2:03 PM, Shankar Easwaran <shankare at codeaurora.org> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I think lld needs to have an infrastructure as part of the build process to build specific flavors and specific targets.
This sounds like you want config-time choices (e.g. build a linker to only support ELF/x86 such as for a JIT).

> For this I was thinking that the Registry expand to consider flavors and targets that are part of the build process.
>
> So each flavor/target would register and the Driver would walk through the list of handlers to check if there is a handler defined for that flavor/target.
This sounds like you want everything decided at runtime (e.g. all flavors registers all readers).

-Nick