[LLVMdev] ASAN tests on ARM

Renato Golin renato.golin at linaro.org
Mon Oct 6 02:17:07 PDT 2014

On 6 October 2014 09:57, Evgeniy Stepanov <eugenis at google.com> wrote:
> There is platform test logic in cmake/config-ix.cmake that tries
> compilation (but not execution) for arm and aarch64 on ARM hosts.
> Maybe the easiest fix would be to try both on aarch64 host, and only
> 32-bit arm on 32-bit arm host?

Not all AArch64 systems can run AArch32 code (needs special kernel
configuration), so I wouldn't assume anything on either arches.

I guess the least problematic would be to get config-ix to try_compile
and try_run on each arch you think should run, so that you can get x86
on x86_64 and AArch32 on 32-bit-supporting-AArch64. You should only
fail if the arch can't compile a chosen arch, but only enable the
tests if the arch can run. Warnings during CMake time would be
appropriate, I think.

cheers,
--renato