[LLVMdev] lld coding style

Saleem Abdulrasool compnerd at compnerd.org
Sat Oct 4 23:19:18 PDT 2014

In spite of this possibly raising a holy war, I thought I would bring up
this question again.

When switching between a couple of LLVM repositories, I find having to
switch between coding styles a bit of an annoyance.  It always takes me a
while to get adjusted when switching between LLVM (or clang) and lld.
While not an absolute show stopper, not having such friction would be nicer.

I realize that lld has had a fair amount of development and that means that
it has a somewhat established codebase.  However, having a single uniform
style across the projects reduces the barrier to entry, encouraging more
developers to work on various projects across the set.

So with that in mind, I would like to ask, would it be possible to consider
switching to LLVM style for lld?

--
Saleem Abdulrasool
compnerd (at) compnerd (dot) org