[LLVMdev] Can libc++ build for arm cross compiler?

Jonathan Roelofs jonathan at codesourcery.com
Fri Oct 3 09:35:53 PDT 2014

On 10/3/14 10:16 AM, Dan Albert wrote:

>> I try to build libc++ and libc++abi for host x86_64(linux) and target
>> arm(linux) but fail.
>>

> Failing in what way? If this isn't working out of the box, we've done
> something wrong.
Yeah, it would help to know more specifics about where you're getting stuck.

> jroelofs might know more...
For my baremetal arm toolchain, I use buildit&testit for libc++abi, and
buildit&lit for libc++... Which is a bit different than what you'll get out of
using cmake for it. Also, I've customized both buildits, the testit, and
libc++'s lit config file to do this, and those changes are very specific to my
environment (I don't recommend using buildit/testit to build either library
unless you're working on porting them to a new platform. Even then, just do it
the "right way" with cmake, and don't be stupid like me ;] ).

Cheers,

Jon

--
Jon Roelofs