[LLVMdev] Can libc++ build for arm cross compiler?

gamma_chen gamma_chen at yahoo.com.tw
Fri Oct 3 02:27:24 PDT 2014

Hi,

I install Virtual Box on Linux and install debain on VB from web,
https://www.debian.org/releases/wheezy/
Attached file is the source.list I follow your README.md.

Paste the error as follows,
cschen at debian:~/test/libcxx-scripts$ sudo apt-get install binutils clang-3.5 cmake gcc make
[sudo] password for cschen:
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
E: Unable to locate package clang-3.5
E: Couldn't find any package by regex 'clang-3.5'

My debian version as follows,
cschen at debian:~/test/libcxx-scripts$ cat /etc/issue
Debian GNU/Linux 7 \n \l

cschen at debian:~/test/libcxx-scripts$ cat /proc/version
Linux version 3.2.0-4-amd64 (debian-kernel at lists.debian.org) (gcc version 4.6.3 (Debian 4.6.3-14) ) #1 SMP Debian 3.2.60-1+deb7u3

I use Virtual Box to try it. Will it a problem with this?

cschen

gamma_chen <gamma_chen at yahoo.com.tw> 於 2014/10/1 (週三) 5:36 AM 寫道﹕

Logan and Richard,

Thank your quick and kindly help. I am busy with something else today and will try these script tomorrow.

Best regards

cschen

Logan Chien <tzuhsiang.chien at gmail.com> 於 2014/10/1 (週三) 1:58 AM 寫道﹕

Hi cschen,

Here are the test scripts which I written when I was developing ARM exception handling support:
https://github.com/loganchien/libcxx-scripts

The script should work on Debian wheezy (cross-compiling from amd64 to armhf.)

In general, here are the necessary steps:
1. Get a working arm-linux-gnueabihf gcc/g++ toolchain (for the headers and libraries)
2. Setup the include search path (e.g. /usr/arm-linux-gnueabihf/include)
3. Compile with correct compiler/linker flags (e.g. -target arm-linux-gnueabihf and some cmake tricks)

Feel free to let me know if you have encountered any problem.

Sincerely,
Logan

I use libc++ and libc++abi (as well as compiler-rt) for the ELLCC cross compilation tool chain project (http://ellcc.org). I use makefiles to build the libc++ stuff, which are pretty dependent on being used in an ELLCC environment. You can get pre built binaries from ftp://ellcc.org/pub. The tarballs contain pre built libraries for ARM (as well as Mips, x86, PowerPC, and semi-functional Microblaze).