[LLVMdev] LTOModule::parseSymbols not handling GlobalAlias

Shankar Easwaran shankare at codeaurora.org
Thu Oct 2 09:35:11 PDT 2014

Hi,

There is a genuine case that lto_module_get_num_symbols doesnot return
all the symbols that are in the bitcode file.

Test case:-

cat > test.c << \!
int bar() { return 0; }
int foo()  __attribute__ ((weak, alias ("bar")));
!

clang -c test.c -emit-llvm

Use a program to list all the symbols using lto_module_get_num_symbols, and foo will be missing from the list.

Thanks

Shankar Easwaran