[LLVMdev] [cfe-dev] Address sanitizer regression test failures for PPC64 targets

Samuel F Antao sfantao at us.ibm.com
Wed Oct 1 10:51:22 PDT 2014

Hi Hal,

No, the issue is still unresolved. Alexander Potapenko added Kostya to the
thread who seems to have authored the code that is causing the failure in
big-endian machines. I didn't get any feedback so far. I'd be happy to help
solve the issue but I didn't have the time to improve my understanding of
the sanitizer. There are several places in the sanitizer that are encoding
different information in memory through aliasing pointers so it is not
straightforward to me what the impact of fixing this particular endianess
problem is for other components of the sanitizer...

Thanks,
Samuel