[LLVMdev] LLVM Help on input sanitization

Sanjoy Das sanjoy at playingwithpointers.com
Sun Nov 30 19:17:46 PST 2014

Hi Ando,

If the allocas buf1 and buf2 are promotable allocas [1] then you
should be able to run the mem2reg pass to remove the allocas and
transform the strcpy to work directly on SSA values.  After that the
IR should be easier to work with.  If the two allocas are not
promotable, then you'll have to write some sort of data flow analysis
pass to determine what possible values reach a given load from one of
these allocas.

[1]: https://github.com/llvm-mirror/llvm/blob/master/lib/Transforms/Utils/PromoteMemoryToRegister.cpp#L60

-- Sanjoy