[LLVMdev] LLVM source-to-source compiler for loop parallelization

Tobias Grosser tobias at grosser.es
Wed Nov 26 05:09:30 PST 2014

On 26.11.2014 11:59, sudakshina at cse.iitkgp.ernet.in wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am a research scholar of Dept. of Computer Science and Engg. of Indian Institute of Technology Kharagpur.
> I just want to know whether LLVM has any source-to-source compiler which automatically parallelizes a loop ?

To my knowledge, not within LLVM.

Within my group we developed pet, a polyhedral extraction tool [1]. pet
is based on clang and used to parallelize loops in the latest version of
Pluto [2] (CPU parallelism) as well as in ppcg (both GPU and CPU
parallelism).

Cheers,
Tobias

[1] http://impact.gforge.inria.fr/impact2012/workshop_IMPACT/verdoolaege.pdf

[2] http://pluto-compiler.sourceforge.net/
     A practical automatic polyhedral parallelizer and locality optimizer
     Bondhugula, Uday and Hartono, Albert and Ramanujam, J. and
     Sadayappan, P.
[3] git://repo.or.cz/ppcg.git
     Polyhedral parallel code generation for CUDA
     S Verdoolaege, J Carlos Juega, A Cohen