[LLVMdev] memset and _Znaj and fast-isel

reed kotler rkotler at mips.com
Tue Nov 25 14:48:42 PST 2014

void func() {
   int *  buckets = new int[111] ()  ;
   delete [] buckets;
}

When compiling this with -O0 and fast-isel, I don't support calls to
intrinsics yet in mips fast-isel so it starts to compile
the block and generates the call to new (_Znaj) and then while
generating the call to memset, it switches back to non fast-isel
but then generates incorrect code for that.

I notice that the other ports all generate code for intrinsic memset.
It's not much for me to add this but was wondering if fast-isel will not
work if you don't.

Just wondering if there is some special issue here.

Tia.

Reed