[LLVMdev] writing, registerng and running a machine function pass

Zahra Marj zahrafatehimarj at gmail.com
Sat Nov 22 07:02:47 PST 2014

​​Hello everybody.

I write and run some llvm regular passes with opt with these simple
commands:

clang++ -c mypass.cpp `llvm-config --cxxflags`
clang++ -shared -o mypass.so mypass.o `llvm-config --ldflags`
opt -load ./mypass.so -mypass < sample.bc > /dev/null

But I would like to write, register and run machine function pass. I know
these passes cannot generally be run from the opt or bugpoint commands.
What do I do and how? I didn’t find any example.

I am newbie on llvm.

Thanks.