[LLVMdev] [lld] need a way to store the original path for atoms

Shankar Easwaran shankarke at gmail.com
Wed Nov 19 11:26:58 PST 2014

Hi Nick,

I need the original path of the files, from where the atoms were parsed.

The path for the atoms are completely useless after the round trip pass.

This is needed to support linker scripts with the Gnu flavor. I think there
are more uses too like diagnostics (relocation overflows etc)

I was planning to add a patch so that the native writer, stores the
original path for atoms

Another way to fix the problem is to I can also have a lld core reference
that points to the path information(archive files will need to record the
member and the path of the archive file).

Let me know your inputs.

Shankar Easwaran