[LLVMdev] LLVM Help

Omar Abed Alkar Darwish omar.darwish at wmich.edu
Sat Nov 1 21:35:20 PDT 2014

Hi All,

I have a problem of updating a pass in LLVM the problem is very simple but I don't know how to solve it. I have the Instcount.cpp  pass under
/home/omar/Desktop/llvm/lib/Analysis

all what I need is to add any print statement on the Instcount.cpp and see the reflects of this print statement.

Actually I add the print statement on the Instcount.cpp then I wrote the following commands on the terminal:

cd /home/omar/Desktop/llvm/lib/Analysis
make InstCount

but I get the following error :

ng++     InstCount.cpp   -o InstCount
InstCount.cpp:14:10: fatal error: 'llvm/Analysis/Passes.h' file not found
#include "llvm/Analysis/Passes.h"
         ^
1 error generated.
make: *** [InstCount] Error 1

attached is the screenshot of the error.

Please give me a hand I am already stuck in this point.

Thanks,
--Omar