[LLVMdev] Code generation support in llvm for windows phone

Saleem Abdulrasool abdulras at fb.com
Fri May 30 10:15:58 PDT 2014

On May 28, 2014, at 5:18 AM, Rajat Mahajan <rmahajan at adobe.com> wrote:

> I am talking about Windows Mobile 8 and 8.1 and not CE.
> Not sure though that the Windows 8 (ARM NT) is similar to Windows Mobile 8 platform.
>
> I used the following command to generate the obj file
>    Llc.exe -mtriple=thumbv7-windows  -filetype=obj  <some_name>.bc
>
> The object file generated in the above object doesn't get linked when I try to link it with the windows mobile library as it fails to recognize the object format.  ( Not a valid object file )
>
> Hope I am clear.

Unfortunately, you have merely repeated your previous statement.  I don’t have enough here to diagnose nor even speculate what is going on.

If you can provide the object file, it would be helpful as I am unable to reproduce this issue.  Although, I ran it via clang, I see no reason that the output would be different as the backend is the same.

The triple is certainly correct (particularly for llc, clang will treat armv7-windows as thumbv7-windows).  How did you generate the bit code?  My testing has usually started from C or LLVM IR rather than bit code, but, I suspect that shouldn’t be a real issue.

With the given information, the only thing that comes to mind is that your environment is setup improperly, resulting in the wrong link.exe being invoked.