[LLVMdev] error compiling llvm 2.9/3.2 from source on macosx (possibly stdlibc++ issue)

Andras Csizmadia andras at vpmedia.hu
Sat May 10 04:56:10 PDT 2014

Hello,

I've some exceptions which I would like to solve to build LLVM+Clang
from source on MacOSX 10.8+.

"
/Users/travis/build/vpmedia/crossbridge/llvm-2.9/lib/Transforms/Utils/CodeExtractor.cpp:728:28:

error:  no matching constructor for initialization of
'std::vector<BasicBlock *>' std::vector<BasicBlock*>
Succs(succ_begin(codeReplacer),
"

I understand that it is some kind of C++ library issue (stdlibc++ vs.
c++v1)  but not exactly how to solve it. (Passing -stdlib=libstdc++  as
CXX flag does not solve this).

You can check out a related github ticket here:
https://github.com/Homebrew/homebrew-versions/issues/384

Also a Travis CI build:
https://s3.amazonaws.com/archive.travis-ci.org/jobs/24856999/log.txt

I've googled for solution but I've only found partial informations
regarding this.

Any tips what should I do to easily fix these problems without modifying
the LLVM source code?

Thanks!
Andrew