[LLVMdev] [RFC] Benchmarking subset of the test suite

Renato Golin renato.golin at linaro.org
Sun May 4 13:07:46 PDT 2014

On 4 May 2014 19:37, Chris Lattner <clattner at apple.com> wrote:
> Unrelatedly to your point, I think we should just outright remove the bulk of the SingleSource/Regression / SingleSource/UnitTests tests.  They largely date back to before Clang existed and aren’t serving much useful value anymore.

The EH part is somewhat useful for early warnings on silly stuff.
Especially now that we're introducing EHABI support in the compiler
and related libraries, I'd like to keep them for a while. EH tests
rely on many parts and moving them to the LIT tests is not possible
(or not suitable), but we could have a better batch of tests.

If anyone know of any better (the ones we have are *really* silly),
feel free to replace it.

Thanks,
--renato