[LLVMdev] Testcases where GVN uses too much memory?

Duncan P. N. Exon Smith dexonsmith at apple.com
Fri May 2 17:56:17 PDT 2014

I've heard a few times, "GVN uses too much memory."  The real fix
is probably a rewrite of some sort, but that's not what this email
is about.

I have a few patches that should *incrementally* reduce its memory
usage.  Keyword being "should", because I haven't observed an
improvement... in fact, I haven't seen it using much memory at all.

Does anyone have a specific testcase where GVN uses gobs of memory?

I heard a rumour that gambitc can repro this, but I don't have time
right now to look for and isolate a testcase.  If someone else has
one handy, I'd appreciate if you could send it across.