[LLVMdev] Buildbot try builds to get pre-commit performance number

Renato Golin renato.golin at linaro.org
Fri May 2 02:13:22 PDT 2014

On 2 May 2014 09:27, Tobias Grosser <tobias at grosser.es> wrote:
> The buildbot infrastructure provides so called 'try' builds, that allow a
> developer to submit patches they want to check for correctness or
> performance before actually committing them.

Hi Tobi,

I like this idea very much, but I worry about possible abuses of web
input. Is this feature a patch upload form?

If they are, it'd help to have a git project (say on github, so we can
have more control), where those buildbots should pull the code from
(given specific branch names), so they can only build from an already
merged patchset and allow for more complex merges, too.

cheers,
--renato