[LLVMdev] Running an IR pass after all IR passes

Rahman Lavaee rlavaee at cs.rochester.edu
Fri Mar 28 22:47:04 PDT 2014

Hi,
I am finding it difficult to see how I can run an IR instrumentation pass
after "all" IR passes.
I previously used opt to run my pass after linking all the llvm bitcode
files and then ran llc.
I found out that llc runs some other Function passes which depend on the
target.
For example, tail calls are only supported in x86 under some circumstances.

Then I tried lto and link time optimization. But I found it difficult to
specify a flag option for my instrumentation pass.

Is there any way in llvm to run an IR pass after all IR passes?