[LLVMdev] using just llvm/clang for building mips llvm

reed kotler rkotler at mips.com
Thu Mar 27 16:01:33 PDT 2014

Geting a seg fault. Have not investigted the cause.

rkotler at mipsswbrd002:~/richard$ tar vfxz
~/Downloads/ellcc-mips-linux-2014-Mar-24-07-32-26.tgz

rkotler at mipsswbrd002:~/richard/ellcc/bin$ gdb ./ecc
GNU gdb (GDB) 7.4.1-debian
<http://gnu.org/licenses/gpl.html>
and "show warranty" for details.
This GDB was configured as "mips-linux-gnu".
Reading symbols from /home/rkotler/richard/ellcc/bin/ecc...done.
(gdb) run
Starting program: /home/rkotler/richard/ellcc/bin/ecc

0x02ee15dc in __init_tls ()
(gdb) bt
#0  0x02ee15dc in __init_tls ()
#1  0x02ebde44 in __init_libc ()
#2  0x02ebdebc in __libc_start_main ()
#3  0x00416ac4 in _start ()
(gdb)

rkotler at mipsswbrd002:~/richard/ellcc/bin$ ls
FileCheck      ecc-c++filt   ecc-ld.bfd   ecc-size ppc-elf-as
arm-elf-as     ecc-elfedit   ecc-nm      ecc-strings ppc64-elf-as
ecc           ecc-embedspu  ecc-objcopy  ecc-strip sparc-elf-as
ecc++           ecc-gdb         ecc-objdump  i386-elf-as x86_64-elf-as
ecc-addr2line  ecc-gprof     ecc-ranlib   microblaze-elf-as
ecc-ar           ecc-ld         ecc-readelf  mips-elf-as
rkotler at mipsswbrd002:~/richard/ellcc/bin$ ./ecc
Segmentation fault
rkotler at mipsswbrd002:~/richard/ellcc/bin$ ./ecc-ar