[LLVMdev] Hazard recognition using MCInst

Pankaj Gode godepankaj at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 25 04:58:56 PDT 2014

Thanks for the valuable suggestion. I have a query further.
As per the inputs, I tried creating a scoreboard hazard recognizer which works on MCInst.
The hazard recognizer functions such as EmitInstruction & getHazardType now work on MCInstDesc instead of SUnit.

This hazard recognizer has additional scoreboards (apart from using reserved & required scoreboards), to track ' register file's read and write ports availability' for FU to execute an operation which has register operands.

These additional scoreboards are updated, when ports are, 'available and should be reserved' for FU, to execute operation.
Thus, I use the scoreboards as tables, which are updated for each MCInst (or MCInstrDesc).

Here I am pre-assume '.s input' is scheduled by programmer and I need not worry about the correctness of schedule.

I worry about the register port availability only.

I am considering to use this hazard recognizer to check for whether ports are available for given MCInst execution on a FU.

I am not clear what pitfalls I may land in using this approach ? Or should this approach work good ?

Do I need to worry about 'forward execution latency' of next instruction, if it is greater than 1 ? But I am not dealing with scheduling.

Regards,
Pankaj