[LLVMdev] Is lld the linker we need for our project ?

Rodolphe Suescun rsu.medal at dolphin.fr
Mon Mar 17 09:53:26 PDT 2014

Hi,

>> We already have a solution for the "objcopy" part (added the
>> required output format to llvm-objdump).
> Interesting solution. Would it be much work to implement an
> llvm-objcopy that only supports -O binary? I plan to fully implement
> objcopy one of these days, but having just that as a start would be
> very useful.

I started a tiny llvm-objcopy utility that can read an object file and
output intel-hex or $readmemh format (which is exactly what we need for
now). It also has limited support for binary output provided the
sections are ordered by address and gaps are not too large (this should
not be difficult to fix, but I don't know your exact requirements about
this option).
Sources are available there: https://github.com/RodAtDISA/llvm-objcopy

Best regards,
Rod