[LLVMdev] Middle End Comparison:GCC VS LLVM

林作健 manjian2006 at gmail.com
Sat Mar 15 05:53:16 PDT 2014

Hi,
  I have digged into the middle end of  both LLVM and GCC a while.And I
always try to compare them from the view of data structure anr algorithm.I
want the opinions of you experts.Can you guy talk about this?To be precise,
I want to compare the design of the tree(GCC) and IR,and the design of the
RTL(GCC) and (DAG and Machine Instructions). I want to know what is the
advantages and disadvantages these design have brought in,what kind of the
troubles they have made,and hiw they solve.

lin zuojian