[LLVMdev] Debugging the static analyzer

Ricky Joudrey rjoudrey at mail.usf.edu
Tue Mar 11 10:37:18 PDT 2014

Hello,

I'm working on implementing a Clang static analyzer checker, but I'm having
trouble debugging. The issue is that when inserting breakpoints through
Xcode, the only breakpoints that are triggered during a 'Build and Run' are
those located in the files in Clang executable target 'Compile Sources'
build phase (i.e. driver.cpp). Breakpoints placed within files in the
clangStaticAnalyzerCheckers library are not triggered. The same issue
occurs when debugging the Clang executable using lldb through bash.

Configuration info:
I'm configuring the LLVM project for Xcode via the commands:
../llvm/configure --enable-debug-runtime --enable-keep-symbols
--enable-targets=x86_64
cmake -G Xcode ../llvm

Thanks,
Ricky