[LLVMdev] release procedure questions

Daniel Sanders Daniel.Sanders at imgtec.com
Tue Mar 11 08:30:04 PDT 2014

We should provide feedback by reporting all errors and issues on bugzilla. There's more detail at http://llvm.org/docs/ReleaseProcess.html#release-process the 'Bug Reporting Process' section that follows the linked section is also useful.

> Is test-release.sh only for the native Mips compiler or do we run that too
> using the LLVM/Clang x86 linux compiler to produce output for Mips and
> then run LNT or something?

Both I believe. We would use test-release.sh on a release candidate on both an X86 and a MIPS host to produce a compiler for each. Then we would run the necessary testing ('make check-all', test-suite, etc.) to cover compiling for MIPS on each compiler.
We would only publish the compiler for the MIPS host since there's no need to have two compilers for an X86 host on llvm.org, but we would report failures to bugzilla for both.