[LLVMdev] Advise on Git mirror for llvm-lit

Daniel Liew daniel.liew at imperial.ac.uk
Mon Mar 10 17:49:33 PDT 2014

> Done, lit-0.3.0 is now on PyPI.

Thanks. I just tested this. It works fine for Python2 but its broken
for Python3 (install fails) due to an old python2 style print
statement. Attached is a patch that fixes this. Could you apply it and
regenerate the pypi package (bumping version number if necessary)?

$ pip install lit
Downloading/unpacking lit
  Downloading lit-0.3.0.tar.gz (45kB): 45kB downloaded
  Running setup.py (path:/home/dsl11/test/venv/build/lit/setup.py)
egg_info for package lit
    Traceback (most recent call last):
      File "<string>", line 17, in <module>
      File "/home/dsl11/test/venv/build/lit/setup.py", line 1, in <module>
        import lit
      File "./lit/__init__.py", line 4, in <module>
        from .main import main
      File "./lit/main.py", line 235
        print "lit %s" % (lit.__version__,)
                     ^
    SyntaxError: invalid syntax

> I think of lit as a separate tool from LLVM that happens to be inside the
> llvm svn repo. For now, I prefer to keep it on its own version numbers, I
> make releases of it out of band with LLVM, and it rarely changes.

Okay sure.

Thanks,
Dan.