[LLVMdev] neon registers llvm using

Anton Korobeynikov anton at korobeynikov.info
Mon Mar 10 10:51:18 PDT 2014

Hello

>     Can anyone let me know the default NEON registers llvm going to use with
> armv7 devices?
All available

> For example, d10 and d11 are treated as default zero?
No. Why?

> I also want to know other neon registers llvm will use in this way, I can
> protect them after calling to my handwrite assembly codes.
The list of call-saved / call-clobbered registers are specified by platform ABI.

For iOS you may want to read
https://developer.apple.com/library/ios/documentation/Xcode/Conceptual/iPhoneOSABIReference/Articles/ARMv7FunctionCallingConventions.html
For EABI/AAPCS -
http://infocenter.arm.com/help/topic/com.arm.doc.ihi0042e/IHI0042E_aapcs.pdf

But still, this does not apply to hand-written ASM code. You need to
instruct compiler about all the registers you may use / define /
clobber.

--
With best regards, Anton Korobeynikov