[LLVMdev] [RFC] C++11: 'virtual' and 'override'

Craig Topper craig.topper at gmail.com
Sun Mar 2 20:19:15 PST 2014

While doing the conversion of LLVM_OVERRIDE to 'override' last night, I
noticed that the code base is rather inconsistent on whether the 'virtual'
keyword is also used when 'override' is used.

Should we have a coding standard for this? What's the preferred direction
here? Seems not having 'virtual' is less overall text, but not sure how
others feel.

Related, should we require use of 'override' when methods override a base
class method?

I have clang-tidy checks for both though haven't implemented fixits for
them yet.

Thanks,
~Craig