[LLVMdev] What is the difference between OSType.Win32 and OSType.MinGW32 ?

Carl name.is.carl at gmail.com
Sat Mar 1 08:56:21 PST 2014

Hello,

I'm generating/compiling/parsing llvm IR code targeting windows 32bits on
my win7 64bits install.
And I'm wondering what os should I use in my triple.
I tried both without seeing much differences.
Is there supposed to be any ?
What are the differences between the two OSTypes?

Secondly, I'm doing the linking of the .o files created by llvm with gcc
from a mingw64 install.
Should I link the .o. files with clang instead of gcc?
What benefits could I expect from this change?

Cheers,
Carl.