[LLVMdev] The implementation algorithm behind LLVM's RegionInfo class

Paul Vario paul.paul.mit at gmail.com
Fri Jun 27 16:07:55 PDT 2014

The draft is pretty clearly written (with some typos that correct
themselves).

I was just thinking if the implementation is only based on empirical
studies of example CFGs, then under what condition it fails. My OpenCL
barrier work right now is mainly using DT and PDT trees (instead of
dominance frontier). But the algorithm looks similar to what was
implemented in regioninfo's findRegionsWithEntry function. I am trying to
understand the connection between the two a bit better so that I can
maximize the re-use of what is already existing in the LLVM. I will keep
you updated with the progress. Thanks.

Best,
Paul