[LLVMdev] Cygwin bootstrap is incompatible with <mutex> (and most other threading C++11 libraries)

Chandler Carruth chandlerc at gmail.com
Wed Jun 25 05:12:24 PDT 2014

On Wed, Jun 25, 2014 at 2:07 PM, Renato Golin <renato.golin at linaro.org>
wrote:

> On 25 June 2014 12:14, Chandler Carruth <chandlerc at gmail.com> wrote:
> > 3) Implement __thread in cygwin mode ASAP.
>
> I wasn't involved in the original discussion, but this seems to be the
> only solution that doesn't limit scope.

Yes, but who is going to step up to do the work? I don't use cygwin, and
don't even have a system to test on. I'm a little worried about the project
just being stalled here waiting on someone to implement

> Giving up the possibility to
> use other C++ libraries, or Cygwin support altogether seems rather
> limiting...

The only limitation is one we've had for a long time and users on Cygwin
are already living with...

The only new factor is that Clang hits the limitation in its bootstrap.