[LLVMdev] Regarding Opcodes in x86

pratik dand pratikdand143 at gmail.com
Sun Jun 22 19:43:04 PDT 2014

Dear,

I am going through the lib/Target/X86/X86InstrArithmetic.td file where
there is a definition for a multiclass as follows

multiclass ArithBinOp_F<bits<8> BaseOpc, bits<8> BaseOpc2, bits<8> BaseOpc4,
                        string mnemonic, Format RegMRM, Format MemMRM,
                        SDNode opnode,
                        bit CommutableRR, bit ConvertibleToThreeAddress>

This for arithmetic operators like ADD,XOR,AND etc.

Can anyone throw some light on the three different opcodes used namely
BaseOpc , BasecOp2, BaseOpc4 ?
Also, I am looking for some free opcodes to assign to new instructions, If
someone could guide on this then It would be great?

Pratik