[LLVMdev] [RFC] Add a scaled number class (was: Add a simple soft-float class)

Chandler Carruth chandlerc at google.com
Thu Jun 19 17:08:43 PDT 2014

I don't really have a problem with the direction, but...

On Fri, Jun 20, 2014 at 12:56 AM, Duncan P. N. Exon Smith <
dexonsmith at apple.com> wrote:

> For now I'm going with `CostMetric` in `include/llvm/Support/CostMetric.h`
> and
> `lib/Support/CostMetric.cpp`.

It's not a metric as it isn't measuring anything. You implement metrics in
terms of this.

;]

Anyways, I much prefer any bikeshed paint color which emphasizes that this
is a number rather than being overly specific. I like ScaledNumber or
ScaledQuantity.