[LLVMdev] git mirror svn metadata

dag at cray.com dag at cray.com
Thu Jun 19 11:52:30 PDT 2014

Hi everyone,

I tried to clone the git mirrors and set up git-svn metadata according
to these instructions:

http://llvm.org/docs/GettingStarted.html#git-mirror

Importantly, I did this (replacing <username>, of course):

% git svn init https://llvm.org/svn/llvm-project/llvm/trunk --username=<username>
% git config svn-remote.svn.fetch :refs/remotes/origin/master
% git svn rebase -l  # -l avoids fetching ahead of the git mirror.

I did this for llvm, clang, compiler-rt, test-suite and dragonegg.  This
worked fine for llvm.  For compiler-rt and dragonegg, I get:

% git fetch
% git svn rebase -l
Unable to determine upstream SVN information from working tree history

clang and test-suite have not finished the git svn rebase yet but I
imagine they might fail in the same way.

Is svn metadata missing from some of the upstream git mirrors?  I really
don't want to git-svn fetch if I can avoid it.

Thanks for your help!

                           -David