[LLVMdev] Attaching range metadata to IntrinsicInst

Jingyue Wu jingyue at google.com
Tue Jun 17 10:17:55 PDT 2014

Thanks Chandler, Nick, Eli, and Hal for your comments!

TargetTransformInfo and TargetLibraryInfo may not be the best places
because their interfaces are designed to be generic. If we want to
"bake in knowledge
about the intrinsics themselves into the passes", what about embedding
"target cpu" into the IR just as "target triple"? Then, we can call
Module::getTargetCPU() to retrieve the target CPU.

Jingyue