[LLVMdev] include's are not being located

David Chisnall David.Chisnall at cl.cam.ac.uk
Tue Jun 17 05:02:42 PDT 2014

On 17 Jun 2014, at 05:57, Joerg Sonnenberger <joerg at britannica.bec.de> wrote:

> On Mon, Jun 16, 2014 at 05:20:55PM -0500, Joseph wrote:
>> Undefined symbols for architecture x86_64:
>>  "_del_curterm", referenced from:
>>      terminalHasColors(int) in libLLVMSupport.a(Process.o)
>
> Need to link against libterminfo / libtinfo / libncurses, depending on
> your platform. Alternatively, disable terminfo support via cmake/configure.

Recent versions of llvm-config provide a --system-libs option that will provide this.  I don't know why llvm-config provides a separate flag for this, when every pkg-config distribution just puts these in ldflags, but adding the output from this to your build system is the best thing to do.

Unfortunately, old versions of llvm-config don't provide this and produce an error message when you pass it, so you'll need to do a version check in your build system for it too.

David