[LLVMdev] include's are not being located

Dan Liew dan at su-root.co.uk
Mon Jun 16 12:14:40 PDT 2014

Hi Joseph,

> In other words what does " put '--std=c++11' in the CXXFLAGS” mean? Do you
> have an example of what it would look like? or what should I read in order
> to learn this? I’m happy to read up but I don’t know where to start reading
> (besides the getting started page on llvm)   :)

You're still trying to build the tutorial right? I assume you
successfully built LLVM already. So if you're building the tutorial
you probably just need this.

clang++ -g -O3 toy.cpp `llvm-config --cxxflags --ldflags --libs core` -o toy

I see your `llvm-config --cxxflags`` output already has --std=c++11
already in it (your --cppflags does not. I'm not sure why).

I think Jonanthan may have confused you because his suggestion of

../llvm/configure CXX=`which clang++` CXXFLAGS="--std=c++11"

is for configuring and building LLVM/Clang which you've already done.
So you shouldn't need to do that again.

Thanks,
--
Dan Liew